S. Cohen Steel & Style Iron, Gypsum & Insulation Industries | Home Design
תמונה של מפעלי מתכת העוסקים גם ב: כלונסאות, קרמיקה, מתכת, מתכות, מפעלי מתכת, חומרי בניין, ברזל לבניין, האחים כהן ברזל
תמונה של מפעלי מתכת העוסקים גם ב: כלונסאות, קרמיקה, מתכת, מתכות, מפעלי מתכת, חומרי בניין, ברזל לבניין, האחים כהן ברזל
 תמונה של תו איכות של ש כהן העוסקים ב: אלמנטים, גרניט פורצלן, גבס, מקלחונים, פרקטים, קמינים, רהיטים, מטבחים, צמר סלעים, ריצוף
תמונה של שמואל כהן, ש כהן העוסקים ב: צבע, סטייל בורד, מוצרי גבס, פינות טיח, פרופילים לגבס, מסלול גבס, פרופילי פלדה

History S. Cohen was established in Jerusalem in 1952 by Shmuel Cohen and his brother Uzi Cohen. It began as a small metal workshop that Shmuel established after receiving a request from the General Zionist Party. He was already widely known to be a professional, high quality metalworker, so the Party asked him to open a workshop with several employees so their livelihoods could be guaranteed. Shmuel, who had experience with metalwork prior to the Israeli War of Independence, was filled with pride and gladly took the offer with both excitement and enthusiasm. He rented a shop of approximately 100m² in the Baka neighborhood and opened the first metal workshop. However, it quickly became apparent that the young nation was suffering through a difficult economic situation at the time – the austerity period – and there was therefore no opportunity to obtain raw materials. As a result, there was also no work, and these arduous conditions continued until 1948. At that point, the city of Jerusalem started to be developed and the metal workshop also began to flourish.

תמונה של האחים ש כהן העוסקים ב: חיתוך וכיפוף פחים, ריצוף, אסלות, כיורים, ארונות אמבטיה, אמבטיות, כלים סניטריים, דלתות

In 1957, after accumulating managerial and professional experience, Shmuel consulted his partners and told them it was time to expand and open a plant. However, his three partners were not enthusiastic about the idea. They said that they were satisfied with the status quo and had no interest in expanding their business, but if Shmuel wanted to leave they would accept his wishes.

תמונה של האחים ש כהן העוסקים ב: חיתוך וכיפוף פחים, ריצוף, אסלות, כיורים, ארונות אמבטיה, אמבטיות, כלים סניטריים, דלתות
תמונה של שמואל כהן, ש כהן העוסקים ב: צבע, סטייל בורד, מוצרי גבס, פינות טיח, פרופילים לגבס, מסלול גבס, פרופילי פלדה

With a great sense of purpose, and embracing his vision that Israel would soon make great strides forward, Shmuel decided to break away from his partners. At the same time, his younger brother Uzi graduated from trade school at the age of seventeen. Together, the brothers opened a larger metal workshop. Shmuel leased a dilapidated foundry in Tel Arza, and by themselves the brothers cleared all the ash that had accumulated, and then constructed walls and a floor. As they did not have any money to buy machines, they could only use basic metalworking tools, but their hard work and perseverance paid off and Shmuel's vision began to become reality. The brothers began to receive government commissions for the offices that were beginning to be constructed in Jerusalem. Each job was followed by another, and in this way the workshop carried out metalwork projects for dozens of public and private buildings. Even during Israel’s great depression of 1966, the Shmuel Cohen metal workshop had plenty of work.

 תמונה של תו איכות של ש כהן העוסקים ב: אלמנטים, גרניט פורצלן, גבס, מקלחונים, פרקטים, קמינים, רהיטים, מטבחים, צמר סלעים, ריצוף

After the Six-Day War, the metal workshop received commissions to restore all the old buildings on Mount Scopus as well as at the Hebrew University, while also winning projects at Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital and the new Shaare Zedek hospital, so the brothers' metal workshop was abuzz with activity. In 1969, following the workshop’s rapid expansion, the brothers decided to establish a metal plant in Talpiot, which the company still operates today.

תמונה של האחים ש כהן העוסקים ב:תקרות אקוסטיות, ש כהן ברזל, חומרי בנייה, חומרי בניין, רובה, שפכטל, צבע לקירות, עץ לבניין

Over the following years, the State of Israel went through good times and bad, but Shmuel and Uzi persevered in their efforts. In 1982 the brothers began to import raw materials from Romania and Bulgaria, and in 1987 they opened a warehouse in Ashdod. This new warehouse was conveniently close to the port, enabling the company to quickly transport imported raw materials to the plant in Jerusalem. In 1995, the brothers purchased large areas at Re'em Park – a move that was considered a breakthrough in terms of the company's future development.